Hot flashes, also called night sweats, spreads excess warmness in your entire body, mostly on the neck, face and chest. It can leave your heart beating harder and may flush your skin, making you look all ready and sweaty as it also makes you sweat even if the weather isn’t warm. This mostly is experienced by women during menopause as it is very common amongst women during the age of menopause but there are many other reasons that can cause hot flashes during any other age.
The most common causes of hot flashes are
- Hot flashes may be caused as a side effect of certain medications. Most antidepressants cause night sweats.
- Some food allergies or excess spicy food in diet can also cause hot flashes, alcohol and caffeine may be causing them. Obesity is also one of the reasons one may experience them.
- One of the major causes of hot flashes is anxiety. People who suffer from any type of anxiety can experience hot flashes especially during any situation which makes them uncomfortable. This is also most common in people who have social anxieties. Stress and depression can also cause night sweats.
- Several diseases and medical conditions can also lead to hot flashes. These diseases include thyroid, seasonal flu, viral infections, etc.
- Due to the sudden decrease in estrogen level during pregnancy, hot flashes can occur during any trimester and even after delivering the baby.
Castor Oil is natural oil produced by pressing the seeds of the castor plant. Castor oil is used widely in every continent as it has many benefits. The most common use of castor oil is by patients suffering from problems in their digestive system such as constipation. Aside from helping with stomach related problems, castor oil is also beneficial for the following problems:
- Heals acne, inflammation in skin and dry patches.
- Evens the skin tone and fades skin blemishes.
- Boosts healthier hair growth and keeps hair moisturized.
- Oral intake boosts immune system.
- Helps with arthritis, body pain, etc.
- Applying on open wounds helps to kill any bacteria or infection.
Due to all of these benefits and many more, castor oil has become the main ingredient in many herbal remedies.
Castor Oil Pack Remedy for Hot Flashes:
Things you will need:
- Castor Oil
- Cotton flannel
- Plastic wrap
- Hot water bottle
Steps to making the pack:
- Cut an appropriate size of the flannel and soak it well into castor oil.
- Place the pack on your liver and wrap your waist with a plastic wrap.
- Place the heating pad on the flannel and lay like this for about an hour.
- You can reuse the flannel about 20 times but store it in an airtight container.
- Use soap or a mixture of baking soda and water to completely get rid of the smell and stickiness of the castor oil from your skin.