Neuropathy is a term used for medical conditions that are related to the nervous system of the human body. This includes all the nerves, such as the sensory nerves, motor nerves and the automatic nerves. Neuropathy is referred to all nervous problems, weather it is one nerve that is affected or a set of nerves. People with diabetes are mostly affected by neuropathy problems and diabetic people are always checked for any conditions that may be related to neuropathy.
Causes of Neuropathy:
- Excess or abnormally high amount of intake of alcohol can lead to vitamin deficiency.
- Lupus, rheumatoid arthritis and inflammatory diseases that are characterized as autoimmune diseases can lead to neuropathy if not treated as early as possible.
- Diabetic patients have a higher chance of getting affected.
- Certain medications and medical treatment methods such as chemotherapy can also cause neuropathy problems. Being exposed to toxins or poisonous products is also one of the causes.
- The basic cause of neuropathy is the deficiency of vitamins. This is common nowadays and should not be handled carelessly at all as it can lead to major problems. Vitamin B and Vitamin E must be balanced in the human body.
- Unfortunately, neuropathy problems can be inherited from generation to generation through genes. In case you have a family history of neuropathy, you should regularly get checked for it to catch any problem and treat it before it gets serious.
- People with kidney problems, liver disorder or thyroid have a higher chance of getting effected by neuropathy.
Castor oil is made from the seeds of the castor oil plant. It is a pale yellow liquid and is used in the production of many everyday products that we use such as soaps, wax, paints, etc. Aside from being used for making such products, castor oil has also been used an herbal remedy to cure many different kinds of health problems. It has been as natural medicine since many years and has been traced back to Egyptian and Roman Empires. Castor oil is known for its many benefits such as:
- Helps soothe inflammation in the skin
- Acts as an anti-aging agent
- Heals acne and acne scars
- Natural skin moisturizer
- Lightens stretch marks
Castor Oil Pack Remedy for Neuropathy Problem:
Things you will need:
- Castor Oil
- Cotton flannel
- Plastic wrap
- Hot water bottle
Steps to making the pack:
- Cut an appropriate size of the flannel and soak it well into castor oil.
- Place the pack on the affected area and wrap your waist with a plastic wrap.
- Place the heating pad on the flannel and lay like this for about an hour.
- You can reuse the flannel about 20 times but store it in an airtight container.
- Use soap or a mixture of baking soda and water to completely get rid of the smell and stickiness of the castor oil from your skin.