Castor Oil is natural oil produced by pressing the seeds of the castor plant. Castor oil is used widely in every continent as it has many benefits. The most common use of castor oil is by patients suffering from problems in their digestive system such as constipation. Aside from helping with stomach related problems, castor oil is also beneficial for the following problems:
- Heals acne, inflammation in skin and dry patches.
- Evens the skin tone and fades skin blemishes.
- Boosts healthier hair growth and keeps hair moisturized.
- Oral intake boosts immune system.
- Helps in inducing labor and improving period cycle.
- Helps with arthritis, body pain, etc.
- Applying on open wounds helps to kill any bacteria or infection.
Due to all of these benefits and many more, castor oil has become the main ingredient in many herbal remedies.
Delay in periods is very common amongst women, especially nowadays because of the unhealthy environment and chemical infused food products. The most common cause of delayed periods is due to hormonal imbalance in women. Aside from this, there are also several other reasons that leads to irregular periods cycle. Some of the causes are given below.
- Sudden change in weight can affect the gland which is responsible for regulating your periods. It can also happen if you are underweight, overweight or simply on a poor diet. Anorexia or eating disorders also lead to irregular periods. You shall make sure you follow a proper diet and in case you are facing of the problems listed above, you should get it checked by a doctor.
- Excess participation in sports or exercises can also lead to delayed periods sometimes. The reason is that excess exercising prevents your body from producing estrogens. This happens also when your weight is unstable as well. The right amount of estrogens is required for your body to maintain a proper periods cycle.
- Major stressful events or situations can also easily lead to delayed periods. This can include divorces, deaths, depression and any other kind of events that can cause stress. Stress also leads to hormonal imbalance and thus, you may notice increase in acne breakouts and irregularity in your period cycle.
- Certain medications or treatment methods can also be responsible for your delayed periods. This is one of the major causes of irregular periods as birth control pills, highly used by women, always leads to a misbalanced period cycle.
- Certain diseases may also cause delayed periods such as thyroid or chronic diseases such as celiac.
Castor Oil for Preventing Delayed Periods:
Castor oil packs are used by many women to regulate period flow and to induce periods as well. The steps for making your own castor oil pack are given below:
- Castor Oil
- Hot water bottle
- Plastic wrap
- Cotton cloth piece large enough to cover your abdomen.
- Soak the cloth piece with castor oil well. Lie down and place this cloth on your abdomen and wrap it with plastic. Place the hot water bottle over the pack and leave this on for about 30 minutes.
- Once you are done, you can store the cloth in a container and refrigerate it. The pack can be reused about 20 times.