Castor oil can be classified as an alternative medicine which has many health benefits to its users one of which is promoting hair growth. Castor oil is derived by cracking the seeds of the castor plants and using without any other substance.
The oil is composed of fatty acids, ricinoleic acid and very rich in vitamin E, proteins and antifungal and antibacterial properties.
WHAT IS MALE PATTERN BALDNESS?
Male pattern baldness has been known to frequently occur in men as it’s a common type of hair loss among male individuals. It is related to the genetics and the male hormones.
Pattern baldness occurs when the tiny pores in the skins which are called follicle start to shrink over time making the hair shorter and thinner and eventually, it stops growing new hair.
The hair loss is usually permanent, and this may affect the self-esteem and might result in anxiety and depression.
The male pattern baldness begins from the hairline, and it gradually starts to backtrack which sometimes forms shapes on the hair. After a period of time, the hair becomes finer, shorter, and thinner and a U-shaped pattern of hair forms around the sides of the hair.
CAUSES OF MALE PATTERN BALDNESS
There are a couple of things that could cause male pattern baldness which include:
BENEFITS OF CASTOR OIL FOR MALE PATTERN BALDNESS
Thanks to the rich vitamins and the anti-inflammatory properties of castor oil, it can be used as a treatment for pattern baldness among men. Some of the health benefits of using castor oil are:
- Improved Blood Flow: The use of castor oil on the scalp and the hair roots helps to make sure that blood flows smoothly through the hair follicles and roots. This helps in growing the hair on the scalp and makes the hair longer and tougher.
- Prevents hair loss: Thanks to the antibacterial and anti-fungal properties of castor oil, it prevents scalp infections such as ringworm, cysts and folliculitis.
- Hair breakage control: The use of castor oil makes issues like split-ends and breakage less prone which is why people with damaged hair should use castor oil.
- These are just a few of the benefits derived from using Castor oil to combat male pattern baldness.
HOW TO USE CASTOR OIL FOR MALE PATTERN BALDNESS
Treating pattern baldness among men has been effective thanks to the natural way by using castor oil for the hair. The following are the materials needed for a practical result:
- High-quality castor oil
- A shower cap or a scarf
And the materials can be used as thus:
- Pour a few drops of castor oil and massage it into your scalp and hair to get an even distribution it should be done in a circular movement for close to 15 to 20 minutes.
- Afterwards, cover your head with a shower cap or a scarf and leave it on overnight.
- Make use of a conditioner and shampoo following the use of the Castor oil.
- Repeat the sequence once per week.