Severe nose bleeding can result in a lot of blood loss, thus should be treated immediately. Most nosebleeds are treated at home using different home remedies. One of the best and effective home remedies for treating nosebleeds is by using castor oil.
Castor oil is naturally obtained from castor beans. Castor oil contains ribonucleic acid, which is one of the essential amino acids required by the body. Studies have shown that ribonucleic acid is the compound in the castor oil that has healing properties and promotes nourishment of the skin.
What Is A Nosebleed?
Nosebleed, medically referred to as epistaxis is a common bleeding problem from the nose. Nose bleeding is usually because of breakage of capillaries lining the nostrils. This maybe is caused by pressure or stress. Nose bleeding is categorized into two type, anterior and posterior nosebleeds. Anterior nosebleed is as a result of breakage of the lower nasal septum, therefore can be easily treated. On the other hand, posterior nostril is because of bleeding of the higher part of the nose and can be severe as the bleeding is excess.
Causes of Nosebleeds
- Drying and breaking of the nasal membrane
- Dry conditions
- Some medications
- Trauma around the region
- Hormonal changes
Symptoms of Nosebleeds
- Usually, occurs on one nostril unless it is severe
- Light headache
Note: When bleeding worsens, blood can be seen in urine or one can even have blood in his vomit. Thus, bleeding can cause a lot of anxiety and should be treated as early as possible.
How Castor Oil Cure and Prevent Bleeding
Castor oil is one of the home remedies that can be used to stop bleeding. They are several ways that castor oil prevents or stop nose bleeding. Here are a few outlined ways in which castor oil can stop or prevent nose bleeding:
- If castor oil is mixed with baking powder, they provide a good increase thick, tough skin that prevents further damage to the skin inside the nostrils. These will stop and prevent further bleeding.
- Castor oil also can penetrate into the inner layer of the skin. This property enables good circulation of blood in the blood vessels found around nostril area, reducing blood pressure around the nasal area.
- Application of castor oil in the nasal membrane also keeps the skin oily and moisturized. Most of the times nose bleeding is caused due to dryness of the nasal membrane during the winter Thus, castor oil will act as a moisturizer preventing drying of the nasal membrane. This will automatically prevent drying of the nasal membrane, which will help to reduce skin breakage does stop nose bleeding.
They are other home remedies that are also used to prevent and stop nosebleeds, but castor oil is the most preferred and used as it does not have any harmful effects in the body. Castor oil is also cheap and easily available.