A uterus grows in size a lot during pregnancy and even stays enlarged for a while after the woman gives birth. As naturally the uterus enlarges during pregnancy, it automatically goes back to normal as well. But sometimes, other reasons can cause a uterus to enlarge which causes certain complications. It can cause pain during intercourse, irregular period cycle and abnormally heavy bleeding, uncomfortable feeling or feeling of some sort of pressure in the abdominal area, constant feeling of wanting to urinate and frequent urination and constipation.
Causes of an Enlarged Uterus:
- Cancer of the uterus, Endometrial cancer and Cervical cancer
- Pelvic congestion syndrome is illness in the varicose veins in the abdomen which causes a feeling of heaviness and pressure in that area.
- Adenomyosiswhich is the thickening of the uterus also causes its enlargement. This mostly happens in women who are above the age of 30.
- Endometriosis, a condition where certain tissues form on the uterus lining and cause pelvic pain.
There are medical treatment methods which are carried out to shrink the size of the expanded uterus but these methods always cause some kind of side effects. Patients have started using natural home remedies for this problem and they find it more satisfying as they rarely cause side effects and if they do, the effects are very minor and temporary.
The most common remedy for enlarged uterus is castor oil. Castor oil is made from the seeds of the castor oil plant. It is a pale yellow liquid and is used in the production of many everyday products that we use such as soaps, wax, paints, etc. Aside from being used for making such products, castor oil has also been used an herbal remedy to cure many different kinds of health problems. It has been as natural medicine since many years and has been traced back to Egyptian and Roman Empires. Castor oil is known for its many benefits such as:
- Helps soothe inflammation in the skin
- Acts as an anti-aging agent
- Heals acne and acne scars
- Natural skin moisturizer
- Lightens stretch marks
Castor Oil for Shrinking an Enlarged Uterus:
Castor oil packs are effective for shrinking the uterus and are used by many women who suffer from this problem. Many women have given positive feedback and it has helped many women so far. The steps for making your own castor oil pack are given below:
- Castor Oil
- Hot water bottle
- Plastic wrap
- Cotton cloth piece large enough to cover your abdomen.
- Soak the cloth piece with castor oil well. Lie down and place this cloth on your abdomen and wrap it with plastic. Place the hot water bottle over the pack and leave this on for about 30 minutes.
- Once you are done, you can store the cloth in a container and refrigerate it. The pack can be reused about 20 times.