Castor oil is dubbed as many as one of the best natural remedies for a host of diseases. It can be used to treat a number of illnesses and conditions spanning from acne to knee pain and whatnot. Here’s how you can use Castor oil for Endometriosis.
What is Endometriosis?
Endometriosis is a condition which is brought about by the surfacing of endometrial tissue just outside the uterus thus causing immense pain in the pelvic region. In simpler terms, it’s the abnormal growth of endometrial cells outside the uterus.
It will usually be diagnosed with a scan of the pelvic region, an ultrasound exam or an MRI scan amongst others.
Causes of Endometriosis
There is no exact cause of endometriosis, but retrograde mensuration is believed to be one of the major causes of the condition. This occurs when menstrual blood carrying endometrial cells goes through the fallopian tubes and goes into the pelvic cavity where the cells get attached to the organs.
A likelihood of developing endometriosis remains if you have a parent or sibling who has had the condition in the past.
Let’s take a look at the signs and symptoms of endometriosis;
Symptoms of Endometriosis
- Back pain during mensuration
- Back pain of an increased intensity during mensuration
- Painful bowel movements during mensuration
- Painful sexual intercourse
- Signs of infertility/ difficulty getting pregnant
- Profuse bleeding during mensuration
How Castor Oil Helps Treat Endometriosis
To treat endometriosis with castor oil, you’ll have to make a castor oil pack – we’ll be going into detail about how you can do that shortly but let’s take a look at how castor oil works;
Castor oil can break up accumulations and stagnation within the body thus they promote the clean circulation of blood and lymph – they also promote ovarian health alongside the fallopian tube and the uterus. By promoting the overall circulation of blood and increasing the lymphocytes in the body, castor oil helps to treat endometriosis.
It’s worth noting that castor oil’s detoxification properties may result in you experiencing some pain for a couple of days. The body generally feels pain following the use of a detox.
How to Make Use of a Castor Oil pack
Castor oil is available in pharmacies and grocery stores. Make sure you get a high-quality organic castor oil as it’s the best to use for making a pack.
- Spread some castor oil over your lower abdomen, but not an excessive amount.
- Get an old shirt or towel and place it on the lower abdomen.
- Heat the oil up with a heating pad – it results in your body absorbing the oil.
- Leave the pack on you for 45-60 minutes – try and stay relaxed during this period (elevate your legs with a pillow, it’s important that you stay comfortable).
- When the time has elapsed, remove the oil left on your lower abdomen with your shirt or an old towel. After, wash the affected area with some water and baking soda to remove any traces of the oil left on you.